We are looking for a Data Acquisitions Analyst / Data Consultant to join our expanding Hong Kong office.
This role is key to our success in APAC as it focuses on developing new approaches to gathering the new managers and building relationships with active data submission managers in an effort to help them better understand what our clients are looking for in our database. With improved education, we can positively impact our data depth in the region. Developing relationships with China-based investment managers via onsite meetings, phone, and email will be central to your success in this role.
In this role you will also be responsible for:
- Researching institutional fund data market, compiling total addressable market, and performing fund data market competitive analysis
- Identifying missing managers and products, and introduce our value proposition to encourage them to populate the data
- Collaborating with allocator clients on data campaigns
- Working to develop new approaches to gathering data and deepen support of reporting managers who need to share their data with investors and consultants
- Working closely with client support and sales team to collect VOCs and identify the data needs
- Working closely with sales team to find the opportunities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
• Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills,
• Willingness to travel, as required, across Asia,
• MS Office proficient, including intermediate knowledge of Excel (e.g. creating pivot tables, using functions such as VLOOKUP etc),
• Personal accountability – the ability to work independently and manage conflicting work priorities,
• Able to execute appropriate planning and time management strategies to achieve project objectives,
• Passionate about building and developing relationships both with clients and with team members,
• Strong team player, having the ability to work harmoniously with team mates across different offices,
• Professional demeanor,
• Great attention to detail,
• Keen interest in the investment management industry,
• Fluency in Mandarin, Cantonese, and English. Fluency in other Asian languages would be an advantage
Qualification and Experience:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related area e.g. Economics, Business or Finance.
• 1-3 years of experience in an Investment Manager, Consultant, Investor or Service Provider is a plus
We are eVestment, a Nasdaq company and we make smart money smarter. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are a Top Atlanta workplace, ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 300 amazing team members around the globe.