The Desktop Support Specialist is part of the global team that administers eVestment’s Corporate IT Helpdesk and IT infrastructure across our worldwide offices.
As the Desktop Support Specialist, you will be able to demonstrate your passion for technology and service through first-rate user experience engagement.
Essential duties for success in this role:
• Provide Tier I and II desktop support in-person, on the phone, and via the Internet primarily to the EMEA and APAC teams
• Troubleshoot end user hardware and software issues
• Work with the NASDAQ IT counter-part to setup PCs, Macs, and mobile devices for eVestment employees
• Assist with Windows, Office, network file share and printer issues
• Install Windows, security tools, and other applications
• Monitor software license usage
• Monitor backups
• Document and automate procedures and installation of new products and desktops
• All other duties as assigned
The Desktop Support Specialist will be a consummate team player who is dedicated to the continuous improvement of our operations. A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or similar is highly preferred. Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or other related Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCP, or MCSE) are a plus.
Essential skills for success in this role:
• Excellent communication skills and sense of urgency
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products and solutions – MS Windows and MS Office
• Track record of providing outstanding client service
• Team player with the ability to work in a collaborative, global environment
• Mac and Linux experience is a plus
We are eVestment, a Nasdaq company. We make smart money smarter. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are a Top Workplace, winning the Investors in People Silver accreditation (less than 3% receive this!) in 2016 and ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 350 amazing team members around the globe.