What it is: As the VP of Content Strategy, you’ll lead an organization responsible for content strategy, acquisition, quality, and data science. As a member of the senior management team, you will be responsible for collaborating with Product Strategy, Engineering, and client stakeholders to create and execute the eVestment growth strategy and innovative data solutions for the leading institutional investment platform.
• Lead three (3) global teams Data Science, Data Strategy, and Data Acquisition. Teams responsible for a portfolio of current initiatives across the Long-Only and alternative asset classes and the eVestment derived-data “Insights” datasets
• Develop strategies, execute, and run data operations for sourcing unique institutional data and insights to drive revenue growth via contributory models, derived click-exhaust, public sources, partnerships, and 3rd-party relationships
• Develop, champion, implement, and lead the eVestment Data Science practice with an objective of creating commercial innovation via unique data insights
• Work closely with global stakeholders to create, validate and execute initiatives that will impact data depth, breadth, quality and completeness of product coverage
• Liaise with colleagues in Product, Engineering Sales, Support and other functions to provide updates on critical initiatives and drive strategic alignment
• Contribute to New Product Innovation (NPI) process with ideas, research, and incubation of new content solutions
• Partner with global, cross-functional leaders on international content strategy and operations
• Maintain reporting for the Content team’s progress across various key performance indicators and work closely with operations leads to hit business milestones
• Communicate consistently with key stakeholders within client firms during the planning and execution phases of projects, sharing progress and gathering feedback to facilitate participation
What we need: The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of industry experience leading data strategy, product management, data operations, and/or data science teams. Experience with institutional investment and/or a financial market data firm is a plus. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, willing to take risks, and have a strong appreciation of servant leadership and lean/agile principles.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, statistics or equivalent required.
• You are a skilled people manager who enjoys developing and managing multiple high-performance teams.
• You enjoy mentoring and working closely with data professionals, both internally and externally
• You have a demonstrated track record of success working on large, cross-department initiates and maintaining strong communication with affected stakeholders on the status
• You are comfortable managing hybrid teams of in-house and outsourced data resources, and possess the judgement when to utilize each deliver model
• You have considerable knowledge building data science practices and possess a demonstrated track record of successfully commercializing data science
• You are a master of strong, concise communication and someone who appreciates the importance of building strong working relationships throughout the stakeholder universe
• You willingly describe yourself as a ‘data geek’ and an ‘operator’
We are eVestment, a Nasdaq company and we make smart money smarter. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. Recently we’ve been named top workplace, ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list and ranking #15 nationally in the Fortune 2015 “Best Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, unlimited PTO (because we trust our people), and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 300 amazing team members around the globe.