What it is: As an Analyst on our Data Management team, you’ll routinely review voluminous datasets within Excel and our internal proprietary databases while also interacting with our clients in the pursuit of continuously improving our world-class database. You’ll frequently review and analyze institutional asset manager information submitted to and distributed though the eVestment website and conduct historical audits of the entire database on a module-by-module, section-by-section, and table-by-table level.
A certain degree of personal accountability, creativity, and latitude are required and encouraged. Your desire to build working knowledge of applicable financial terminology and industry best practices will help you to be successful in this role and in our company. You embrace technology (Excel proficiency, including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables, are already a part of your skillset). Attention to detail is critical as you’ll review and curate extensive datasets while ensuring their data integrity. You’ll be quick to identify and understand the root cause of data errors and omissions. We want to hear about how you’ve successfully prioritized tasks and executed appropriate planning and time management strategies to achieve project objectives (school projects or paid work) in the past.
You’ll be comfortable interacting with clients via phone and email as well as your team members; this is a great environment for further developing your teamwork skills. You’ll communicate with investment managers to notify them of potential errors as well as to emphasize the value and importance of data. You’ll focus closely on monitoring rates of data completion, accuracy, and timeliness, and work to improve overall data population rates. Proactively scrubbing all asset and performance data in preparation for new product launches is critical. You’ll assist with creating easily repeatable procedures for identifying potentially inaccurate or bad data as well as assist with developing identification processes for improving validation within the data collection portal. Additionally, you’ll collaborate across eVestment groups, especially with our Technology & Client Service teams.
What it isn’t: If the thought of working with data, finance, SQL, or BI doesn’t appeal to you, then this role won’t be a good fit. We love technology and metrics, as well as client interaction. This role isn’t routine or unhurried. If you prefer relaxed, quiet days or don’t have a well-developed sense of urgency, it would be best to pass on us and keep looking.
What we need:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Ability to quickly learn and apply software and technical languages in your work
• Skilled with Microsoft Excel (Macros, pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with data processing & analysis languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python) is a plus
• Experience with eVestment and/or Institutional Asset Management is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• 1-3 years of professional experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree (e.g. in Finance, Economics, MIS, CIS, Mathematics, etc.) w/ a strong track record of academic success, leadership, and service
• Experience with finance, accounting, investments, economics, or big data are a plus
• Passion for finance, investing, and data with a desire to continuously expand knowledge in these areas (e.g. through reading, courses, or certifications)
• Strong communication skills including the ability to provide training, respond to complex inquiries, and handle difficult conversations with clients
• Consistent attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Proactive and innovative, someone who identifies problems AND recommends possible solutions
• Ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment, with limited supervision
• Flexible, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant
• Exhibits servant leadership, able to set aside personal projects and priorities to support colleagues and help them be successful
Our core values: We need excellence. This means your communication skills are stellar: polished, professional communication skills and detailed analytical skills are vital as client interaction is high. We need innovation. This means you question the status quo and love asking “What if…?” We need teamwork. This means when a colleague asks “Can someone help me with…?” you’re quick to answer “Yes.” We need humility. This means you understand about lending a hand where necessary. We need integrity. This means you deliver results with little supervision and don’t hesitate to acknowledge, own, and resolve errors you’ve made (we all make them, we just have to learn from them).
Who we are: We are eVestment, a Nasdaq company and we make smart money smarter. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are a Top Atlanta workplace, ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, unlimited PTO (because we trust our people), and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 300 amazing team members around the globe.