We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our expanding Data Science practice.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw data to find patterns, fix problems and deliver new insights to take eVestment’s data and solutions to the next level. We will rely on you to work closely with stakeholders across the organization to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong experience in data analysis, data manipulation, complex problem solving and predictive analytics. As a senior member of the Data Science practice, this person will be called upon to help develop best practices and actively participate in the development of junior team members.
• Proven experience with statistical modeling, predictive analytics and machine learning
• Experience in data mining
• Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
• Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
• Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
• Analytical mind and business acumen
• Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
Qualification and Experience:
• Minimum of Bachelors degree in a related area e.g. Economics, Business or Finance
• At least 10 years’ experience with data analysis and data management
• Track record of consistent progression in depth and responsibility with data-oriented tasks
• Exposure to the Financial Services sector – with a specific emphasis on Institutional Investing and Consulting, is a plus.
We are eVestment, a Nasdaq company and we make smart money smarter. We give institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Willis Towers Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are a Top Workplace, winning the Investors in People Silver accreditation (less than 3% receive this!) in 2016 and ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 350 amazing team members around the globe.