eVestment has a robust and highly successful sales process and are looking for bright, innovative and resilient talent who work well in a fast-paced team environment to help shape our expansion geographically. The Vice President, Business Development roles will be responsible and accountable to actively promote and sell eVestment products to Asset Managers in North America.
About the role:
In this role, you will be instrumental in driving eVestment’s accelerating growth strategy across North America. You will be joining an exceptionally strong sales team with unrivalled training, career development and progression opportunities, therefore it is critical that you learn and consistently implement the proven sales processes, as the company looks towards significant growth across the region.
The role is supported by a shared sales support resource providing administrative assistance and support in generating leads and pipeline planning. The successful candidate will be accountable for building and maintaining a pipeline with the goal of meeting specific sales targets quarterly, and ultimately aiming to exceed annual targets.
The role will report to the Head of Sales for NA.
Essential skills for success in this role are:
• Superb communication skills – Demonstrable eloquence and ability to be charismatic in front of prospective clients, existing clients and strategic partners.
• Influencing skills – Possess the confidence to sit at the table as one of the senior executive team with a strong strategic mind, and be able to guide the conversation.
• Ability to lead conversations and expected to be confident enough to challenge their status quo, and take control of meetings.
• Experience of growing a business and revenue - Demonstrable ability to grasp and develop new ideas and opportunities quickly.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail – The ability to plan well ahead for every client and prospect interaction.
• Very strong and demonstrable negotiations skills and an understanding of how to structure “win-win” partnerships with key influencers in the firm’s marketplace.
• Proven ability to read an audience, build trust, confidence, and credibility among strategic partners and prospective clients.
• Focus and drive - You will be responsible for you own daily sales operations, scheduling your own training, marketing initiatives and delivering consistent messaging and follow-up with clients and prospects.
• Team spirit - the ability to work in a very collaborative environment.
• High-energy, tenacity, intellect, and a competitive nature are all important ingredients that you will regularly draw on.
• A strong work ethic, as well as uncompromising integrity
• Experience of working with subscription-based technology, SaaS, or at an asset management or investment consulting company.
• 5- 15 years direct Sales experience – Managing detailed sales and operations functions, giving a clear indication of progression within the sales process, and the ability to accurately report and forecast when deals will close.
We are eVestment, a Nasdaq company. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are a Top Workplace, winning the Investors in People Silver accreditation (less than 3% receive this!) in 2016 and ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 350 amazing team members around the globe.