Picture yourself contributing to eVestment’s innovative product offerings by working closely with internal and external stakeholders (including high profile strategic clients) to evaluate needs and discover and develop requirements and execute change through the continuous software development lifecycle.
What it is:
• Conducting analysis, gathering requirements, and documenting user stories for building and deploying eVestment products and services.
• Maintaining the product backlog of new business features as well as maintenance and support items.
• Working closely with the Product Manager to translate roadmaps into user stories that are part of a well-groomed backlog.
• Understanding all aspects of the Agile project lifecycle and Scrum framework.
• Understanding the business processes, documenting detailed business requirements, developing functional designs, conducting Gap Analysis, etc. that bring the client and project team to a common understanding of the product and how it will satisfy the business need.
• Building strong relationships among the business and IT teams, assisting the Product Manager in managing customer expectations and translating needs into business solutions.
• Operating in an agile team environment and ensuring success of the project by taking ownership of deliverables and performing agile project management, testing, support, training, or other tasks when needed.
• Planning, organizing and facilitating User Acceptance Testing.
• Serving as a product expert and providing production support issue resolution when needed.
• Utilizing effective meeting management skills to initiate, develop agenda, conduct, and communicate decisions so that all appropriate parties are kept up-to-date.
• Maintaining open and constant communication amongst the team, management, and customers regarding project status and sprint outcomes.
• Promoting a collaborative working relationship with the team and customers.
• Coordinating the migration of projects into production.
What it isn’t:
This role isn’t heavy in ongoing traditional documentation; if you love developing complex and detailed process documentation manuals, you’ll be disappointed. It isn’t linear, nor is it task focused. If you are most effective in a highly structured setting with well-defined steps in sequential order, you’re likely to feel frustrated with the highly agile and continuously changing priorities. It isn’t about developing product vision in a silo and pushing your personal vision to reality; if you don’t love the discovery process or place a high priority on learning to love what the stakeholders need, you’ll want to pass on us and find a better fit for your skills.
• 1-2 years or experience in software development, business analysis, and system lifecycle development is a plus.
• Ideal candidates will have experience in the institutional investment field
• Strong analytical & business skills to identify implicit, unstated, and unrecognized requirements.
• Basic understanding of web-application designs and associative architectures.
• Keen understanding of backlog management practices and experience using various backlog management tools.
• Cross-functional experience across multiple disciplines including business systems analysis, customer experience management, usability, and scrum project methods.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Logical understanding of how the system functionality interacts or changes with existing system modules, interfaces, etc.
• Ability to "think out of the box" and develop creative solutions.
• Must demonstrate proactive customer service skills.
• Ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
• Ability to manage time effectively in a fast paced environment, with limited supervision.
• Very detailed oriented and highly organized.
• Energetic, shows passion and is vested into the project.
• Keen interest in becoming a Product Manager
We are eVestment, and we make smart money smarter. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are a Top Atlanta workplace, ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, unlimited PTO (because we trust our people), and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 350 amazing team members around the globe.#LI-HW1