Rated one of the top 5 places to work in Atlanta, eVestment provides cloud-based technology solutions for the institutional investment markets. As a high-growth market leader, we are looking for incredibly bright, innovative talent who work well in a fast-paced team environment to take us to the next level.
If you are a highly-motivated Senior DevOps Infrastructure Engineer with a broad skillset and an interest in learning and implementing new technologies, we are looking for you.
• Work alongside technology leaders, managed hosting partners, and technology team members with a DevOps, team-oriented mindset to develop and implement cloud-based solutions for the eVestment platform.
• Participate in day-to-day 24/7 on-call operational support for our production environment.
• Design, develop, and install Dev, Test, and Production environments, using a mix of Windows, Linux, and cloud-native technologies.
• Manage and troubleshooting Internet-facing Windows/Linux environments, including common protocols/standards (e.g.: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, Apache, SNMP, IIS, etc.).
• Work with development and data teams to tune and optimize infrastructure and system software.
• Implement automated monitoring, log analysis, security auditing, and performance measurement tracking systems for the eVestment platform.
• Perform capacity planning and R&D for next generation public cloud infrastructures.
• User Interface: Single Page App (SPA, Sencha Ext JS), ASP.NET MVC, JQuery, Highcharts
• Service Tier: Web API, ASP.NET, C#
• Data Tier: SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Elasticsearch, Redis
• Infrastructure: SaaS (Sofware-as-a-Service), Dedicated private clouds in redundant managed hosting environments, VMWare, Windows 2012 R2 (.NET, SQL), CentOS Linux (ActiveMQ, Elasticsearch, HAProxy, Redis), Dedicated Development and Testing instances
Experience and Our Environment:
• 3+ years of applicable work experience as an infrastructure engineer or systems administrator on a 24x7x365 high-volume web platform
• 1+ years of applicable work experience in a cloud (public or private) environment
• Prior experience managing large scale Windows and Linux web platforms with automation tools such as Chef and Terraform
• Knowledge of private cloud technologies (VMWare, Azure Pack, etc) and best practices
• Knowledge of public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc) and best practices
• Knowledge of network security technologies (IDS/IPS, WAF, etc) and best practices
• Ability to configure, maintain, and when necessary develop proprietary and third-party monitoring and analysis solutions (NewRelic, DataDog, Pingdom, Nagios, etc)
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
• Extremely strong collaboration and communication skills a must
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail.
• High level of flexibility and ability to persevere through periods of significant change and growth in the business environment.
Why work at eVestment?
• Strong global brand and growing company. We are the industry-leading institutional investment data intelligence and analytic software provider.
• Awesome work environment: Casual dress (shorts and flip-flops), catered weekly lunches, great snacks and beverages.
• Difficult problems to solve. We create highly sophisticated institutional investment SaaS and data solutions so we are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible on the web and with both Microsoft and open-source technologies. Extensive new product and feature development.
• Technology-centric culture. We embrace world-class Agile engineering practices and developer-led processes and solutions. Our technologists are challenged to use the latest technology and cutting-edge techniques to ensure that our products remain the best in the industry.
• We constantly listen to customers and employees to find the best ideas and we provide the resources necessary to ensure those priorities are implemented quickly.
• Professional Growth: eVestment provides exceptional opportunities for growth and career progression. Each associate has a dedicated training budget and time off for training and certification preparation. We are a Microsoft Gold certified partner.
• Great Environment to work. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. We take extraordinarily good care of our employees and work very hard to keep them happy and productive.#LI-HW1