The Vice President, Private Market Sales will be responsible for driving new business growth in North America by promoting and aggressively selling eVestment’s private markets solutions to General Partners (‘GP’s’). These GP’s will manage funds targeting Private Equity, Private Debt, Venture Capital and Private Real Estate. The Senior Vice President, Private Market Sales will own the efforts associated with growing the business and will work with internal stakeholders to develop effective marketing campaigns, suggest insightful content relevant for the marketplace and ultimately reach established sales objectives. You will uncover, qualify and close new opportunities with new clients as well as existing eVestment clients. You are results-driven and love start-up culture. This position will work with a broad group of team members across the organization. The role will report to the Global Head of Sales and be located in our New York office [or remote based in North East].
• Generate and follow up on leads whether sourced from marketing, networking or cold calls.
• Build a sustainable pipeline that delivers consistent and growing new business.
• Work with prospects to understand their business problems and communicate how our solutions add value.
• Create opportunities by uncovering need / consequence / benefit through discussions with prospects.
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of the value propositions that eVestment offers and a working knowledge of the solutions that deliver them.
• Ruthlessly qualify opportunities.
• Demonstrate a solid knowledge of your business through accurate forecasting and the ability to articulate the buying rationale and process for your opportunities.
• Provide transparency into sales pipeline and accounts through detailed and timely use of Salesforce.com.
• Engage additional resources as needed to assist in closing business.
• You must have demonstrable knowledge of the Private Markets Industry, including the fund raising and investor relations.
• You must be a demonstrated closer with an outstanding work ethic and a track record of overachieving quota.
• You must be a self-starter and capable multi-tasker - taking the initiative to identify new opportunities while executing a sound sales process for opportunities in progress.
• You must be an outstanding communicator - with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate vision and business value to stakeholders including senior management and create compelling need for eVestment solutions.
• You will have demonstrable experience of working in Sales within the Private Markets Industry.
• You must demonstrate the ability to influence outcomes and present to all levels of the organization.
• You must be an outstanding qualifier capable of demonstrating critical thinking and scepticism to discern why a prospect will be worth pursuing and uncovering the business needs that will lead to revenue.
• You must have a working knowledge of financial and investing concepts along with a willingness to devour information that would help you succeed.
• You must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• You will have an acute sense of diplomacy and judgment.
• You are a strong collaborator. You should make the world better for your co-workers.
• You are highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
• You are able to travel as required by the job.
We are eVestment, a Nasdaq company and we make smart money smarter. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are a Top Atlanta workplace, ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, unlimited PTO (because we trust our people), and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 300 amazing team members around the globe.