DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST @eVestment
At eVestment, a Nasdaq company and we make smart money smarter giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make intelligent investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are consistently awarded as a top employer, ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, collaborative and career driven and our Associates enjoy casual dress, catered weekly lunches, and regular teambuilding activities as part of what makes eVestment exceptional. We provide tremendous opportunities for career progression and development with a dedicated education budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 350 amazing team members around the globe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Desktop Support Specialist will be part of a team responsible for administering the eVestment Corporate IT Helpdesk and corporate IT infrastructure in our offices worldwide. The Technology team is results-oriented; we reward IT staff who deliver -- regardless of seniority, tenure, or background.
- Provide Tier I and II desktop support in-person, on the phone, and via the Internet
- Troubleshoot end user hardware and software issues
- Setup PCs, Macs, and mobile devices for employees
- Assist with Windows, Office, network file share and printer issues
- Install Windows, security tools, and other applications
- Monitor software license usage
- Monitor backups
- Document and automate procedures and installs of new products and desktop
- Excellent communication skills and sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products and solutions – MS Windows and MS Office
- Track record providing outstanding client service - team players only with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or other related Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCP, or MCSE) are a plus
- Mac and Linux experience is a plus
- Uncompromising integrity
- Superior initiative and ability to maintain high levels of personal accountability
- Capacity for independence and self-motivation in a high-volume environment
- Strong work ethic, deadline-focused, and positive attitude
- Collaborative team player who believes in relentless customer satisfaction
WHY WORK AT EVESTMENT?
- Strong global brand and growing company with a brand new, “state of the art” headquarters in Atlanta Perimeter
- We constantly listen to clients and associates to find the best ideas, and we provide the resources necessary to ensure those priorities are implemented quickly
- Innovative and award-winning culture: We take extraordinarily good care of our employees and work very hard to keep them happy and productive