As the Product Manager for the eVestment Platform you will work with an amazing team of engineers, data scientists and product strategists to bring a new level of engagement and overall value to users over our platform. The role will have a high exposure to game changing technologies and solutions and require balancing tradeoffs among a complex set of objectives. You’ll get to work with external clients and internal stakeholders to define, evaluate, and implement solutions. Working closely with clients, technology, sales, service and senior leadership you’ll rarely find yourself hunched over your computer in this highly interactive role.
• Talk to clients early and often, synthesizing feedback into a strategic, data-based product vision
• Drive global product requirements definition and product planning (the core focus here will be on developing and deploying shared components across the platform such as enabling technologies, functionality and UX, while keeping an eye on integrations and capabilities that will make it easier for our clients to access and use our platform).
• Collaborate closely with other strategy, product and business leaders to develop, validate and prioritize their propositions, ensuring portfolio fit, integration into the platform, alignment with business goals as well as the impact on/needs of the local markets.
• Oversee numerous interweaving projects simultaneously with a keen eye on managing dependencies across MVP deliverables.
• Conduct market sizing, financial modeling and revenue forecasting analyses to support the development of business cases, long term portfolio planning and ultimately, revenue attainment.
• Seek new ways to deliver data via the platform, supporting double digit data feed and partnership growth.
• You have experience creating features and services that span product lines.
• You understand the larger strategic vision well enough to make short and long term trade-offs across different projects
• You are able to consistently exercise strategic influence, build consensus, and buy-in and are able to effectively manage different types of stakeholders needs
• You are able to perform both external, and internal, market analysis to understanding emerging trends, technologies, and practices
• You think of yourself as a more technically savvy product manager. You live and breathe close partnerships with the UX and development team.
• You are a holistic problem solver and thrive on finding solutions to complex scenarios that serve both the business and the client.
• You’re analytics driven and border on being a data junkie
• You obsess over accurate & concise communication
We are looking for proof of your passion for platform product strategy and management AND desire to stay on top of the market. At least 5-7 years’ experience in product management is required. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience setting the strategic direction of large SaaS-based product portfolios to include platform access points such as data feeds and API delivery. Industry experience in the institutional investment field, Bachelor’s degree (MIS, Finance, Economics, BBA, etc.) is very important. In addition to a software product management the best candidates will have studied methodologies like Pragmatic Marketing or Lean Startup.
We want to hear about your proven track record of prioritizing and delivering results within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. You also have a high degree of empathy and crave deep understanding of the client; both internal and external. Finally and most importantly, you can, and then communicate that strategy back out to stakeholders garnering buy-in and execution support.
We are eVestment, and we make smart money smarter. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. Recently we’ve been named top workplace, ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list and ranking #15 nationally in the Fortune 2015 “Best Workplaces” list.
Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, unlimited PTO (because we trust our people), and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 300 amazing team members around the globe. #LI-HW1