Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of Learning and Organizational Development will be a leader who will develop, implement and drive internal learning programs that promote personal and career development and advance organizational effectiveness. This high-profile role will draw upon past experience in a global company, with a focus on managing all aspects Learning & Organizational Development. The individual will rely on business acumen and relationship-building skills in order to develop strong consultative and influential relationships with the leadership team and the HR team who supports them. We are a global company; experience with global HR and cultural issues will be important for success in this role. This role requires strategic expertise to proactively develop integrated solutions to bring out the best in our people by assessing, anticipating, and solving human resource-related needs. We are seeking someone who has a love of learning and a deep interest in developing new skills and knowledge on an ongoing basis, as well as someone who can instill this passion in others. This is a ‘roll up your sleeves’ position; this will require high levels of individual contribution.
Training & Development
- Creates the strategy for employee learning. Develops, creates and delivers training programs/tools to build the skills, competence, and confidence of our workforce
- Conducts training and/or coaching for existing and next generation leaders.
- Provide tools and resources to identify and develop high potentials.
- Acts as a resource to managers to provide internal or external learning and development opportunities to help support employee growth and career progression.
- Organizes and maintains a cross-functional Learning Desk to ensure all learning initiatives are aligned with organizational goals and assessed by the performance-based outcomes they achieve.
- Anticipates and plans for future human capability needs by analyzing and interpreting workforce information, reviewing results of employee surveys, and discussing key issues and concerns with business and HR leaders.
- Develops HR programs, policies and processes to have a positive impact on eVestment’s corporate objectives and strategy.
- Ensures HR initiatives are aligned to and integrated with the business needs and organizational culture.
- Provides strategic human resource consultancy and ensures effective delivery of policies, programs to ensure consistent best practices.
- In conjunction with the management team, helps influence and shape the culture and develops tools and resources to reinforce the values and culture within the company.
- Conducts annual employee engagement survey process, developing communications and recommended action plans in relation to employee feedback.
- Organizes, conducts, and evaluates organization-wide training programs.
- Defines the training strategy, conducts training needs analysis and selects or creates materials and appropriate delivery methods for in-person trainings or self-paced learnings on a variety of soft skills.
- Designs suitable organizational development interventions to support the business objectives and is accountable for their impact.
- Identifies and creates opportunities for cross-functional efforts and defines the organizational development strategy.
- Creates and maintains best practices for learning throughout the organization by establishing a cross-functional Learning Desk to ensure organizational alignment and consistent measurement of success against learning initiatives.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to develop and deliver and maintain content and training materials, including sales, product and process training programs
- Develop training materials – leveraging the availability of technology – to reach the greatest number of associates in the most scalable and effective way
- Prepare training videos and/or films; maintains library of video and film training aids. Schedules training sessions within individual training programs ensuring facility setup, audiovisual setup and employee notification.
- Remain current on existing markets, product trends, and regulations that may affect organization's product and/or sales process.
- Communicate training schedules, speaker requirements, meeting room needs, effectively to the rest of the organization.
- Ensure that reporting and tracking is implemented and that results for both the comprehension, consumption and impact on behavioral change is measured and shared with the leadership. Focus on outcomes, not activity.
- Provides mentoring to junior team members and career counselling for management staff.
Problem Solving Ability/Critical Thinking:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation, conceptualize multiple solutions and to select the best option.
- Details, data and facts must be analysed and challenged prior to making decisions, and that important decision-making data is maintained accurately to create repeatable and sustainable processes.
- Displays confidence when presenting or facilitating; moderates and delivers content to large groups.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation; ability to effectively communicate strategic programs to internal stakeholders including senior management.
- Strong collaborator – excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization.
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and execute assigned projects.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude and desire to learn.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Meticulous attention to detail; superior time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
Team Development and Orientation:
- Demonstrated experience assigning resources; setting timelines and deadlines; and tracking projects and schedules.
- Passion for professional development and helping others grow and increase their impact.
- Ability to lead and develop a team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning theory, strategies for different learning needs, effective questioning techniques and session reviews/debriefs.
- Demonstrated expertise in content of assigned training curriculum.
- Advanced understanding of Learning Management Systems – technology and implementation.
- At least 7-10 years of progressive experience, with at least five in training and leadership development experience in a corporate environment. Three to five years of prior management experience a must. Technology industry experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant business-related discipline such as organizational management, educational philosophy or finance. Master’s degree in related field preferable.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel programs required.