eVestment provides B2B cloud-based technology solutions for the institutional investment market. As an early-stage, high-growth organization included on the Inc. 500/5000 lists every year since 2007, we are looking for incredibly bright, innovative talent who work well in a fast-paced team environment to help shape our expansion geographically.
eVestment has the ability to maintain and accelerate its high-growth trajectory as it capitalizes on untapped market potential outside the United States. To do this, the right leadership is essential. The Vice President, Business Development will actively and aggressively promote and sell eVestment products to the broader Japan investment community. It is critical that this individual implement the right sales processes and procedures as the company looks towards significant growth in the Japan marketplace over the next several years.
The ideal candidate will likely have experience with subscription-based technology, SaaS, or at an asset management or investment consulting company. Direct sales experience is essential, as this person will be tasked with generating leads, building and maintaining a pipeline with the goal of meeting specific sales targets annually.
- Superb communicator who will be eloquent and charismatic in front of prospective clients, existing clients, employees and strategic partners. Must be of the highest confidence personally and intellectually.
- Fluent (written and conversational) in English and Native in Japanese.
- Experience in high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with intense sales experience is preferred. Demonstrated ability and experience in growing a business and revenue opportunities rapidly.
- Understand how to identify and structure “win-win” partnerships with key influencers in the firm’s marketplace.
- Proven ability to read an audience, build trust, confidence, and credibility among strategic partners and prospective clients.
- Prior experience establishing the systems and infrastructure necessary for effectively managing daily sales operations, marketing initiatives and delivering consistent messaging and follow-up with clients and prospects.
- CFA and finance-related Masters Degree would be beneficial, but not a “must have.”
- Rational thinker with a healthy dose of skepticism. Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Manage a detailed sales and operations function while also able to sit at the table as one of the senior executive team with a strong strategic mind.
- You are entrepreneurial – willing and able to “get your hands dirty.” You’re a team player who is able to work in a very collaborative environment. You’re high-energy, tenacious, intelligent, and competitive. You have a strong work ethic as well as uncompromised integrity
Why work at eVestment?
- Strong global brand and growing company; we have been named to the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing businesses for seven consecutive years.
- Awesome work environment; Casual dress, great snacks and beverages, and regular teambuilding activities.
- We constantly listen to customers and employees to find the best ideas, and we provide the resources necessary to ensure those priorities are implemented quickly.
- Professional Growth: Exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget and time off for training and certification preparation.
- Innovative and award-winning culture: Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. We take extraordinarily good care of our employees and work very hard to keep them happy and productive.