The Manager, Data Management will lead multiple data quality teams through quarterly assigned work, projects and initiatives to ensure the integrity of the data within eVestment’s systems. This position will also be responsible for contributing to annual planning and goal setting for the team, as well as working across departments on initiatives. Together with the Content Strategy VP, you will recruit, train and develop team members with the goal of building subject matter and functional expertise.
Maintaining strategic relationships with investor, asset manager and consultant clients is an important function of this position. As a leader within the Data Services structure, you will keep an open dialogue with key user groups to gather voice of client (VOC) feedback to direct data management activities. You will also work very closely with Product Management to ensure that data quality and coverage levels are sufficient. This role will require a modest amount of travel for in-person client meetings and attendance of industry conferences.
• Manage a growing team of data analysts.
• Own the responsibility for devising and executing initiatives that support continuous improvement of team operations.
• Establish and maintain an excellent understanding of datasets and data operations and how they flow into eVestment products.
• Deepen relationships with clients and reporting managers to ensure our data is serving their needs.
• Act as a subject matter expert for data operations with internal and external stakeholders.
• Responsible for maintenance of key global support metrics to measure individual and team performance.
• Research and implement new tools, systems and best practices as appropriate.
• Partner closely with other teams across the organization (Sales, Platform, etc.).
• Coach, mentor and develop team members tailored to individual skill, competency, and career development.
• Special projects as assigned.
You have a minimum of 2 years leading data teams, with another 2 years of experience in the asset management, consultant or institutional investor space. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are passionate about developing others. You are a creative problem solver who can think strategically, you also know when to switch gears and focus on your teammates.
You are passionate about data and developing people. Successful applicants for this role will have a history of learning and developing technical skills as well as contributing to strategic plans. This role will own the responsibility to set goals for teams and individuals, to hold themselves accountable for progress and to thoroughly validate learning and suggest improvements to future initiatives.
We are eVestment, and we make smart money smarter. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are a Top Atlanta workplace, ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, unlimited PTO (because we trust our people), and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 300 amazing team members around the globe.